15 Cr. Principles of Real Estate - VA Laws and Regulations
*This course is included in the 60 Cr. Principles course.
Take only for reciprocity or other special circumstances.
Georgia Real Estate Education Requirements
To obtain a Georgia Real Estate License, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate or the holder of an equivalency degree (GED)
- Successfully complete a 75 hour Pre-licensing course, including a proctored final exam (Schools cannot certify students under the age of 18)
- The Georgia Real Estate Commission requires students to take the course from an approved provider such as Barney Fletcher Schools (5753 In-Class approval code and 6994 online approval code)
- Pass a proctored State Licensing Examination (There is $119.00 fee paid to PSI Services Inc for each time the student takes the exam) PSI Testing
- Submit your GCIC (Georgia Criminal Information Center) report with no issues. (If there are issues, you must submit the Application for Person with Prior Criminal Conviction(s) or Disciplinary Sanction(s) to the Georgia Real Estate Commission) www.grec.state.ga.us
- Submit the Certificate of Accuracy Statement License Application which is issued once the student passes the State Examination.
- Present two (2) forms of identification, one with current photograph. (Both forms of ID must be valid and include your current name and signature)
- Pay the one time application fee of $170.00 (VISA, MasterCard; Cashier's check or money order payable to the Georgia Real Estate Commission)
Additional Licensing Information
The Georgia "Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 require all applicants for real estate licensure or appraiser classification, and those applying for renewal of an existing license or classification, Appraisal Management Companies, Instructors, and School Directors to submit to the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC):
- A "secure and verifiable document" for identification purposes as defined in O.C.G.A. §50-36-2 AND
- A "signed and sworn affidavit verifying the applicant's lawful presence in the United States" as required in O.C.G.A. §50-36-1.
The Georgia Real Estate Commission requires that final exams be proctored by schools or school-approved proctors (online exams only).
The Georgia Real Estate Commission also requires a state examination after the completion of your school final. Details for that exam can be found at PSI in the candidate handbook.
*Barney Fletcher Schools is not currently testing on site due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once you have completed your course and turned in all required documents, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to register a proctor and complete your exam online.
Post Licensing and Continuing Education
Post Licensing Education: 25 credit hour post-license course required to be completed in the first year of licensure.
Continuing Education: 36 credit hours of Continuing Education is required to be completed every 4 years. 3 of those credits must be on the topic of Georgia Law.
To obtain a Georgia Real Estate Broker's license you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or holder of a certification of equivalency (GED)
- Have held an active sales license for 3 out of the last 5 years
- Successfully complete an approved 60-hour broker course from an Accredited School (Barney Fletcher Schools' code 5753 for in-class and 6994 for online)
- Pass a proctored State Licensing Exam
- Submit the required documents for licensure
Have Questions? Call us at # 770-850-9090 or reach us by email at email@example.com.